- The 2015 WLF&F Flash Fiction Competition is now open
- Closing Date Friday 24 April 2015
- Send us your flash fiction maximum 300 words
- Up to three submissions
- Entry fee: £4 per story or £10 for three
- For rules see below
- Judges: Calum Kerr and Lindsay Stanberry-Flynn
The Flash Fiction Winners will be announced at the Festival Launch event Friday 12 June 2015
There will be a celebratory launch of the 2015 anthology later in the year
With thanks to our sponsors for 2015:
We’re looking for Flash Fiction of fewer than 300 words to be submitted to us before 24 April 2015.
Competition now open. Payment details below.
- Closing date is 24 April 2015.
- The maximum word limit is 300, not including the title (no minimum).
- You may send up to three entries.
- Submitted pieces must not have been published or performed elsewhere, must be the entrant’s own original work and available, if selected, to be published in the anthology.
- Translations of anyone else’s work are not eligible. Copyright remains with the writer.
- Entries may be published on the WLF&F website, read at WLF&F events and may be included in an anthology later in the year.
- Entries must be in English.
- Submit entries by email to email@example.com
- The subject line of the e-mail must say WLF&F Flash Fiction Submission.
- Entries should be attached as a Word or an RTF document. Give your name and contact details in the body of the email, as well as the title and word count of your submission(s) and a circa 50 word profile of the writer in the third person. If you are paying by PayPal, your receipt no/transaction code should be included. Do not put your name or email address on the entry itself.
- Entries should be single spaced, in Times New Roman or Arial, 12pt.
- The winners and runners-up will be announced at the launch of the festival in Worcester on 12 June 2015.
- There is no theme. All styles and genres are welcome.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this competition.
Entry into the competition is taken to be acceptance of these rules.
All entries will be judged anonymously.
Judges: Calum Kerr and Lindsay Stanberry-Flynn
Competition closes 24 April 2015
Results announced 12 June 2014.
First prize £50
Second prize £25
Third prize £10
Submission Guidelines – Flash and Micro Fiction
Flash and micro fiction not to exceed 300 words.
Up to three submissions per person.
Flash and micro fiction not to have been published or performed elsewhere.
Copyright will remain with the writer of the original work.
Entry fee is £4 per story or £10 for three.
or send a cheque made payable to Worcestershire LitFest & Fringe with your full contact details to:
7 Nursery Road
By entering this competition you are agreeing that your work, if selected, can be published on the WLF&F website, read at WLF&F events and included in an anthology later in the year.
You must attach your submission as a .doc. .docx or .rtf file to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you have sent your payment by post. Please do not write your name on the flash fiction/s, but include their titles in the body of your submission email.
You must include a 50 word profile (in the third person) in the body of the e-mail
Your e-mail subject line must read: ‘WLF&F Flash Fiction Submission’
Please note that entries sent without the entry fee will not be considered and we cannot read the same submission twice. If you have entered previously, please do not re-submit the same piece. We love to read new work!
All entries will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt of your payment. If you have not heard from us within a week please contact us. It is your responsibility to confirm your entry has been received.
No alterations can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence can be entered into. No entrant may win more than one prize.
Due to the large number of submissions, we cannot accept any that do not follow submissions guidelines and rules.
So get your writing fingers moving! Good luck!
If you’d like to see some of last year’s entries, the anthology is available, see below.
The print and eBook of the 2014 anthology are also available from Amazon click here.